NOENE® are high-tech insoles, manufactured using a revolutionary material, which is capable of absorbing and then dispersing the shockwaves generated when we walk or jump.
The low frequency shock absorption provided by air or foam-based insoles provides a feeling of comfort by eliminating the significant forces of low frequency impact but do very little to stop the higher frequency forces. NOENE® (as demonstrated in several studies *) is able to significantly reduce both the amplitude of these high frequency forces and their transmission throughout the body.
Used regularly during sports, leisure or work activities, NOENE® insoles protect your joints from impact-related injuries, even if you are already wearing an insole or an orthotic.
NOENE® is a type of elastomer which, thanks to its internal structure and unique composition, has particular characteristics that differentiate it from traditional elastomers. The main property of NOENE® is its viscoelasticity, which makes it an excellent cushion, capable of absorbing and dissipating vibrations.
NOENE® was created for sectors of the heavy industry that needed to reduce the wear and tear caused by the vibrations from heavy machinery. It is also used in some racing cars, high-speed trains and even in the Milan underground system, to absorb vibrations that could damage the structure of the “Duomo di Milano”.
Two main features characterise NOENE® technology and differentiate this revolutionary material in the marketplace:
- FLEXIBLE elasticity facilitates energy absorption.
- SHOCK-ABSORBING: cushioning effect helps dissipate the energy absorbed.
NOENE® technology is defined as SHOCK-ABSORBING, eliminating almost all (98.8%) negative vibrations produced by impact, protecting joints from injury and painful inflammation (for example, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, tendinitis, calcaneal spurs, etc.)
For more information, visit the NOENE® MATERIAL section, where we explain how NOENE® works in more detail.
NOENE®: Its main property is its viscoelasticity, which makes it highly effective at damping and absorbing vibrations. It is able to absorb and dissipate the shock waves generated with each step or jump. It prevents the transmission of negative vibrations that are generated as a result of foot/ground impact.
NEXUS Energy Source® is a high-tech fibre combining three noble metals that provide this fabric with the unique property of emitting Far Infrared Waves (FIR) that are beneficial to the body.
Nexus fibre is a smart polyester, the result of the textile sector’s development towards smart fibres. Its potential is being studied as part of an evolving science; the physiology of clothing. The relationships between body, climate and clothing are being analysed and prominent universities and research institutes have investigated the properties and characteristics of Nexus fibre textiles, recognizing their effectiveness throughout the human activity cycle: in sport and leisure.
This specific, globally patented fibre composition generates a continuous emission of natural infrared waves. Its patented blend, enriched with noble metals (platinum, titanium and aluminium) emits a unique and natural energy that is able to optimise the role played by water in the biological processes of our body.
The fact that it is not a surface coating means that its benefits do not diminish over time or when washed. Nexus garments need no special care or maintenance. They wash like normal polyester… but are quicker drying!
AIRFOAM and DRYTECH: allow the feet to perspire properly for maximum comfort and hygiene.
CARBON FIBRE + KEVLAR: inserted in the arch of the foot, provides greater support, preventing feet from getting tired.
NOENE® insoles are thin and light. Although they are only a few millimetres thick, they are extremely effective and can be used with all types of footwear, from trainers to casual shoes. Once you have tried them, you will never want to leave the house again without them.
NOENE® shock absorbing material, in its different applications (insoles, arch supports, undersoles), provide the following benefits:
- Reduce tiredness and muscular and joint fatigue
- Prevent joint or muscle pathologies and injuries
- Avoid pain and inflammation
- Help recovery after a recent injury or trauma and reduce recovery times
- Improve sporting performance
- Consequently , NOENE ® insoles offer you a sporting performance improvement
Our bodies are constantly exposed to negative vibrations. Each impact causes vibrations that, if left unchecked, are transmitted throughout our bodies and are potentially harmful to our joints. NOENE® absorbs and disperses these vibrations to prevent any negative effects.
There are no contraindications or side effects associated with NOENE® products and, therefore, they do not contain any allergy-inducing products.
NOENE® is produced according to the specifications for what are described as Medical Devices by European Directive 93/42/EEC.
The term, Medical Device, is part of the jargon used in legal regulations in reference to a set of instruments and devices used in healthcare that are regulated by law in the European Union. They are regulated by European directives 90/385/EEC relating to active implantable medical devices, 98/79/EC on in vitro diagnostic medical devices, and 93/42/EEC, concerning medical devices.
Healthcare product: any instrument, apparatus, appliance, material or other article, whether used alone or in combination, including the software intended by its manufacturer to be used specifically for diagnostic and/or therapeutic purposes and necessary for its proper application, intended by the manufacturer to be used for human beings for the purpose of:
1. diagnosis, prevention, monitoring, treatment or alleviation of disease,
2. diagnosis, monitoring, treatment, alleviation of or compensation for an injury or handicap,
3. investigation, replacement or modification of the anatomy or of a physiological process,
4. control of conception,
and which does not achieve its principal intended action in or on the human body by pharmacological, immunological or metabolic means, but which may be assisted in its function by such means.
No, you do not need to visit a medical professional. There are no contraindications or special features associated with NOENE® insoles and orthotics that require prior medical consultation
NOENE® elastomer retains its characteristics and ability to absorb vibrations for a long period of time. However, the longevity of NOENE® products may be determined by:
- Wear. Mechanical factors, such as, for example, friction against the other parts of the shoe with which it comes in contact.
Conditions of use (sweat acidity, moisture, etc.)
- With regard to cleaning, only warm water and a mild soap should be used. This is the secret to a long service life for your NOENE® insoles and orthotics. Also, if possible, it is advisable to allow them to air after each use.
NOENE® INVISIBLE-SOS1 cut-to-fit undersoles are ideal for athletes who require optimum competition-level performance and are suitable for use in any type of footwear and for any type of sport.
With a thickness of just 1 mm and weighing only 13 g, they provide the same benefits as the rest of the NOENE® insoles range, representing the ultimate in NOENE® technology, since they do not alter the position of the foot within the shoe in any way.
Directions for use
- Cut out the template (included with your undersole) following the outline for your size.
- Remove the existing insole from your shoe and test the template for size.
- Position the template on top of the undersole and draw around it, then cut it to size, following the outline.
- Attach the adhesive tape to the undersole on each side. Remove the adhesive tape backing and insert the undersole into the shoe.
- Place the insole under the original insole in the shoe, as they are not fabric-coated.
Insoles should be replaced on an annual basis or at the first sign of wear.
If the shoe does not have removable insoles, the use of UNIVERSAL-NO2 insoles is recommended.
All products manufactured with NOENE® guarantee the same effectiveness and the same benefits, acting in the same way, both in the prevention and relief of many forms of joint injury, inflammation and pain.
A number of factors should be considered in making the correct choice of NOENE® insole
- Whether you want to remove or keep the original insole.
- Use (sport/leisure/work).
- Area of use (indoors/outdoors)
- Although suitable for any type of footwear, the type of shoes you wear may affect your choice (tight-fitting shoes will require more discrete and lightweight insoles)
For more information, we suggest you read carefully the information provided for each product.
If you are using a custom insole, you should purchase the NOENE® INVISIBLE-SP01 undersole, specifically designed to meet the needs of those who wear custom insoles.
The ultralight (13 g) and incredibly thin (1 mm) INVISIBLE-SP01 undersoles can be worn underneath custom insoles.
They do not alter the posture and, therefore, do not affect the function of custom insoles, providing all the benefits of the NOENE® material.
NOENE® products can be purchased:
- Through authorised stockists.
- Online, in our online store. Click here to visit our store.
Yes, of course. NOENE® would be pleased to support your sports team and we offer bulk purchase options for sports clubs and organisations. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.